- XiP Pro Selected Winner | Editors Choice: Fastest Resin 3D Printer - May 17, 2023
- XiP Desktop 3D Printer Named Analyst Choice Winner for Fastest VAT Photopolymerization System - May 15, 2023
- Press Release | Nexa3D Expands its Eco-Friendly Materials by Adding Jabil PK 5000 to its SLS Powder Portfolio - May 4, 2023
- Staying true to its mission to digitize the world’s supply chain sustainably, the company expands its material portfolio by signing an agreement with Jabil to make its eco-friendly additive powder compatible with QLS-series SLS printers.
- Jabil PK 5000 is a non-toxic polymer made from carbon monoxide and olefins, thereby reducing the global footprint of a leading atmospheric pollutant, carbon monoxide.
- The eco-friendly additive powder is compatible with QLS 236 and QLS 820 SLS printers for production of high-impact, abrasion-resistant thermoplastic components.
Nexa3D, the ultrafast polymer 3D printing leader, announced today at Rapid + TCT 2023 the immediate availability of Jabil PK 5000, an eco-friendly powder for use with its high throughput QLS-Series powder bed fusion printers. This includes its highest throughput system QLS 820 as well as fast-cycle sintering system QLS 236.
See QLS Series printers and their materials in action at Rapid + TCT, Nexa3D booth 2712, from Tuesday, May 2 to Thursday, May 4, 2023.
Nexa3D’s commitment to sustainability has been evidenced by its continued efforts around minimizing the use of plastic materials in its product design, expansion of plant-based and eco-friendly materials portfolio, and most recently the acquisition of the QLS 230 and QLS 236 “Zero Waste” powder bed fusion SLS printers. Both systems have industry leading recycled powder acceptance and performance rates, minimizing and often eliminating powder waste altogether.
“The QLS 230 SLS printers exclusively offer the ability to use end-of-life powder from other SLS machines to produce high-quality parts while minimizing powder waste,” said JawsTec CEO Oscar Klassen. “On top of the operational sustainability, the smaller build volume of the QLS 230 allows for a 22-hour complete build cycle that only requires a two-hour cooling cycle with zero negative effect on part accuracy or surface quality.”
Jabil PK 5000 offers QLS series users a host of benefits including improved impact strength and elongation over PA 12 and other similar nylon materials. Additionally, the eco-friendly powder has very low moisture absorption, excellent dimensional stability and chemical resistance along with a wide processing window with similar processing parameters to PA 12. PK 5000’s unique combination of chemical, physical, and wear-resistance properties enable it to serve a wide variety of applications, including production manufacturing of end-use parts.
The polyketone resin used to make PK 5000 is an eco-friendly, low-carbon material that is made from carbon monoxide. The ability to leverage carbon monoxide, which is a leading cause of atmospheric pollution, may reduce overall carbon footprint by as much as 60%. “Jabil applauds Nexa3D’s commitment to sustainability with the addition of PK 5000 to their materials portfolio,” said Luke Rodgers, Senior Director of R&D for Additive Manufacturing at Jabil. “Together, we can meet growing demand for top-performing polymer formulations that give product designers greater choices for rigorous prototype and serial production applications while addressing evolving environmental-impact concerns.”
Jabil PK 5000 is available immediately and can be ordered via an authorized Nexa3D reseller. Visit the reseller locator for a reseller in your area.
Additional information is available on the Nexa3D website and in the media kit.