- Xometry Joins QLS 820 Manufacturing Partner Network - March 22, 2023
- Weerg Offers Quick-Turn Resin 3D Printing Service by Installing Four NXE 400Pro Printers - March 22, 2023
- Nexa3D Acquires XYZ Printing’s SLS Technology - March 19, 2023
- Get your Nexa3D casting solution today with immediate delivery
- Gain 20X productivity over all direct and indirect metal 3D printing alternatives
- Digitize your foundry; xCast is compatible with dip-shell or flask-type investment casting
- Replace expensive wax tools with xCast for faster, flexible and scalable patterns
VENTURA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Nexa3D, the maker of ultrafast polymer production 3D printers announced today the immediate commercial availability of xCast, a new material tailored specifically for the production of precision investment casting patterns on the NXE 400 3D printer. xCast is ideal for foundry series production of small, large and complex metal parts for a variety of aerospace, defense, automotive, oil and gas and heavy industry applications, offering a toolless, faster, and more accurate alternative to traditional pattern production.
xCast is a much more economical and scalable alternative to all other direct and indirect metal 3D printing solutions on the market today, and comes with Nexa3D’s validated workflow including:
- Cleaner burnout for a variety of metals, including titanium and aluminum alloys
- Faster pattern printing and draining for a variety of sizes, as well as complex and lightweighted patterns
- 20X productivity gain over traditional and additive alternatives, leveraging in-foundry or near-foundry toolless production of precision patterns for same day delivery, rather than weeks or months
Each xCast printing cycle is optimized for precision and yield using NexaX, the company’s Digital Twin Printing (DTP) software, through process interplay algorithms that ensure part performance and production consistency and higher yields while minimizing material usage and waste, and reducing energy consumption per part.
“We are thrilled to digitize parts within the investment casting process, while bringing 20X productivity gains to foundries,” said Brent Zollinger, Head of Customer Success for Nexa3D. “Having spent over two decades in the investment casting industry as a heavy user, it’s a privilege to be part of its transformation. What is particularly significant is that xCast patterns printed on the NXE 400 dramatically reduce the cost of traditional investment casting patterns by as much as 90% while being produced in one-tenth of the time.”
In a project recently completed for Arcimoto’s Fun Utility Vehicle, Nexa3D rapidly designed complex and lightweighted xCast patterns for generatively designed parts and assemblies. Multiple parts were combined to produce components that would have been impossible to make using traditional injected wax patterns. By using xCast, the weight of the vehicle’s steering knuckle was reduced by 36% compared to a nine-piece weldment. With investment casting to create the part, instead of direct metal laser sintering, the knuckle was printed at a tenth of the cost and time, representing significant savings.
xCast delivers precision patterns for rapid prototyping and series production that seamlessly integrate into any production foundry’s dip-shell or flask-type investment casting process, delivering toolless, semi-hollow plastic patterns instead of wax patterns. xCast patterns are processed similarly to wax without autoclave and are flash fired from the ceramic mold. Featuring low ash content, xCast can be used to create high resolution parts with excellent surface finishes.
Nexa3D is digitizing the world’s supply chain sustainably. The company makes ultrafast industrial grade polymer 3D printers affordable for professionals and businesses of all sizes. The company’s photoplastic printers are powered by its proprietary Lubricant Sublayer Photo-curing (LSPc) while its thermoplastic printers are powered by Quantum Laser Sintering (QLS), both of which increase print speed and productivity by orders of magnitude. The company’s partnerships with world-class material suppliers unlock the full potential of supply-chain approved polymers that are tailored for faster production at scale. Nexa3D’s Digital Twin Printing (DTP) software optimizes the entire additive production cycle through process interplay algorithms to ensure part performance and production consistency delivering higher yields while minimizing material usage and waste to reduce energy and carbon footprints. To learn more, visit Nexa3D.com.