Nexa3D Official Contest Rules
Nexa3D announces a market study contest (Contest) that asks a specific target audience of businesses to complete a survey regarding their current state utilization of 3D printers. The Contest will be held from July xx – August 31, 2021
Contestants may register beginning at 9:00 am Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on July 1, 2021. Further instructions and requirements regarding registration and submission will be provided on the Contest Survey The deadline for submitting entries is August 31, 2021, at 8:00 pm EDT.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ed Chapman, (508) 353-0732, Head of Business Development, Nexa3D, 1923 Eastman Ave, Suite 200, Ventura, CA 93003
The Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Registering to enter the Contest constitutes Contestant’s full agreement to these Official Rules and to decisions of the Sponsor (as defined below), which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in the Official Rules.
- SPONSOR AND PARTICIPATING ORGANIZATIONS
- Nexa3D – 1923 Eastman Ave, Suite 200, Ventura, CA 93003
- Nexa3D reserves the right to modify the list of Participating Organizations at any time and will provide any updates on the Contest Website.
A. To participate in the Contest:
- (i) Contestants may participate as individuals, if they meet all eligibility requirements set forth in Sections 2.A-C. To be eligible to win a Prize, Contestants must meet the additional prize eligibility requirements set forth in Section 9.
- (ii) Contestants must comply with all terms and conditions of the Official Rules.
- (iii) Contestants must own or have access at their own expense to a computer, an Internet connection, and any other electronic devices, documentation, software, or other items that Contestants may deem necessary to create and enter a Submission (as defined in Section 4 below).
- Submission. The Representative must be duly authorized to submit on behalf of the individual and must represent and warrant that he or she is duly authorized to act.
- (v) An individual may enter the Contest only once
- (vi) The individual must enter the details of the Contest survey on behalf of a corporation, legal business or University/College
B. The following individuals are not eligible regardless of whether they meet the criteria set forth above:
- (i) any individual under the age of 21.
- (ii) any individual who employs any of the Contest Judges as an employee or agent.
- (iii) any individual who owns or controls an entity for whom a Contest Judge is an employee, officer, director, or agent.
- (iv) any individual who has a material business or financial relationship with any Contest Judge.
- (v) any individual who is a member of any Contest Judge’s immediate family or household.
- (vi) any individual who has been convicted of a felony.
- (vii) any employee, representative or agent of the Sponsor or Participating Organizations, as well as any employee, representative, or agent of an advertising agency, contractor or other individual or organization involved with the design, production, promotion, execution, or distribution of the Contest, and all members of the immediate family or household of any such employee, representative, or agent.
- The Sponsor will, in its sole discretion, disqualify any individual or team that meets any of the criteria set forth in Section 2.B.
C. For purposes hereof:
- (i) the members of an individual’s immediate family include such individual’s spouse, children and step-children, parents and step-parents, and siblings and step-siblings; and
- (ii) the members of an individual’s household include any other person who shares the same residence as such individual for at least three (3) months out of the year.
- REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT FOR ALL CONTESTANTS
A. Beginning at 9:00 am EDT on July 1, 2021, Contestants may register to participate in the Contest.
B. To enter, every Contestant, including all members of a team, must register by submitting a form (“Registration Form”) to verify that he or she has read and agreed to abide by the Official Rules and meets the eligibility requirements, including that he or she: (1) is at least 18 years old; (2) does not have a familial, or material business or financial relationship with any Contest Judge; and (3) has not been convicted of a felony. The Registration Form will be available to Contestants beginning at 9:00 am EDT on July 1, 2021.
C. Contestants should register as soon as possible and after their registration is completed, will receive access to the data to be analysed. Contestants must submit their Registration Forms before the Submission Deadline. Contest participation will be based on the limits of each giveaway outlined below:
- $5 Amazon card – the first 100 qualified registrants who complete the entire survey
- $500 Amazon gift card – this will be limited to (1) winner. The winner will be chosen from all qualified registrants who complete the entire survey
- limited to the first 50 individuals or teams who register
- Generative design software – the first 20 qualified registrants who complete the entire survey will receive a 30-day free trial of ParaMatters CogniCAD. Instructions will be sent on how to participate in the free trial.
- Print a part of your choice – there will be (10) of the most creative designs chosen from all qualified registrants that complete the entire survey and submit their respective design models. Instructions will be sent on how to submit models for review. Nexa3D will qualify the models and select the winners from the models that are submitted.
- All qualified registrants that complete the entire survey will receive a copy of the study findings and a summary report.
D. After a Contestant registers, the Sponsor will send a confirmation message to the email address provided by the Contestant. The Contestant should use the confirmation message to verify the email address that he or she provided in order to receive important Contest updates.
E. In the event of a dispute pertaining to this Contest, the authorized account holder of the email address listed at registration will be deemed to be the Contestant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Contestants may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
A. To participate in any phase of the Contest and to be considered a qualified registrant, a Contestant must submit the following:
- (i) Completed registration, including:
- Country (State if in USA)
- (ii) a completed survey – with compete responses to all questions
- (iii) a part model if you requested a part to be printed. – the part must meet Nexa3D specifications, must be a material from Nexa3D’s material portfolio and must be printable on the NXE 400 from Nexa3D.
B. Submission Deadlines
Contestants must enter their Submissions by August 31, 2021 at 8:00 pm EDT (“Contest Deadline”). The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its discretion, to extend the Contest Deadline at any time in appropriate circumstances and without prior notice. Any Submissions entered following the Contest Deadline shall be disqualified. The Judging Period will commence after the Contest Deadline.
C. Submission Requirements
- (Contestants must identify any required information of the submitted part model that will enable Nexa3D to properly print the part. Including, description of the model, features, STL file, and any additional information requested by Nexa3D to support the printing of the part.
- Submissions must not:
a. violates applicable law.
b. depicts hatred.
c. be in bad taste.
d. denigrates (or be derogatory toward) any person or group of persons or any race, ethnic group, or culture.
e. threaten a specific community in society, including any specific race, ethnic group, or culture;
f. incite violence or be likely to incite violence;
g. contain vulgar or obscene language or excessive violence;
h. contain pornography, obscenity, or sexual activity; or
i. disparage the Sponsor or Participating Organizations.
- Submissions must be free of malware and other security threats. Contestant agrees that the Sponsor may conduct testing on each Submission to determine whether malware or other security threats may be present.
- Any Submissions that fail to comply with these requirements, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, may be disqualified.
D. Additional Terms
- (i) Once a Submission has been submitted, Contestant may not access or make any changes or alterations to the Submission.
- (ii) A Contestant may submit only one Submission
- (iii) By entering a Submission, Contestant represents, warrants, and agrees that the Submission is the original work of the Contestant and complies with the Official Rules.
- Contestant further represents, warrants, and agrees that any use of the Submission by the Sponsor and Contest Judges (or any of their respective partners, subsidiaries, and affiliates) as authorized by these Official Rules, does not:
- a. infringe upon, misappropriate or otherwise violate any intellectual property right or proprietary right including, without limitation, any statutory or common law trademark, copyright or patent, nor any privacy rights, nor any other rights of any person or entity;
- b. constitute or result in any misappropriation or other violation of any person’s publicity rights or right of privacy.
- SUBMISSION RIGHTS
By entering a Submission to this Contest, Contestant grants to any person obtaining a copy of his or her Submission the use of the date in reporting and marketing. The Contestant agrees that the foregoing constitutes a condition of the Contestant’s participation in the Contest, and that the Contest is not a request for, or acquisition of, any property or service or any other matter subject to federal procurement requirements.
- WINNER SELECTION AND JUDGING CRITERIA
- A. All Submissions will be judged by a Nexa3D panel of judges (the “Contest Judges”) selected by the Sponsor at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute or modify the judging panel, or extend or modify the Judging Period, at any time for any reason.
- B. All Contest Judges shall be required to remain fair and impartial. Any Contest Judge may recuse him or herself from judging a Submission if the Contest Judge or the Sponsor considers it inappropriate, for any reason, for the Contest Judge to evaluate a specific Submission or group of Submissions.
- C. A Contestant’s likelihood of winning will depend on the number and quality of all of the Submissions, as determined by the Contest Judges using the criteria in these Official Rules.
- D. For all phases, the Sponsor reserves the right to review the Contest Judges’ decision and to withhold any Prize if, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, there is a procedural, legal, or other reason that the Prize should not be awarded.
- E. The Sponsor intends to announce the Winners within two months of the Contest Period, and the results will be made available on the Contest Website. The Sponsor, however, reserves the right to change the announcement date at any time with or without prior notice for any reason.
- The prizes include a choice of the following:
- $5 Amazon card (up to 100 cards will be awarded for first 100 qualified Contestants that meet the criteria)
- $500 Amazon card (1- $500 card will be awarded based on random drawing of all qualified Contestants that meet criteria)
- Generative Design software trial (20 – ParaMatters CogniCAD 30-day trial license will be awarded for first 100 qualified Contestants that meet the criteria)
- Printed part of your choice (Nexa3D will judge all qualified Contestants parts that have been submitted and select the 10-most creative parts that can be printed by the NXE 400)
- A. If no eligible Submissions are entered in the Contest, no Prizes will be awarded.
- B. Each Contestant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the Contestant and the Sponsor is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the Contestant’s decision to provide the Contestant’s Submission to Sponsor for the purposes of this Contest does not place the Sponsor and its respective agents in a position that is any different from the position held by the members of the general public with regard to elements of the Contestant’s Submission, except as specifically provided in these Official Rules.
- VERIFICATION OF ELIGIBILITY FOR RECEIPT OF A PRIZE
- A. ALL PRIZE AWARDS ARE SUBJECT TO SPONSOR VERIFICATION OF THE WINNER’S IDENTITY, ELIGIBILITY, AND PARTICIPATION IN THE CREATION OF THE SOLUTION. THE SPONSOR’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. In order to receive a Prize, a Contestant will be required to complete, sign and return to the Sponsor affidavit(s) of eligibility and liability release, or a similar verification document (“Verification Form”). (In the case of a team, the Representative and all participating members must complete, sign and return to the Sponsor the Verification Form.)
- B. Contestants potentially qualifying for a Prize will be notified and sent the Verification Form using the email address submitted at registration within two months of the Contest Period. The Sponsor reserves the right to change the time period to send the Verification Form without providing any prior notice. In the case of a team, the notification will only be sent to the Representative. If a notification is returned as undeliverable, the Contestant or team may be disqualified at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- C. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, a Contestant or team forfeits any Prize if:
- (i) the Contestant fails to provide the Verification Form within five (5) business days of receipt of the email notification discussed above (or in the case of a team, any team member fails to provide the Verification Form within five business days of receipt of the email notification).
- (ii) the Contestant (or in the case of a team, its Representative) does not timely communicate with the Sponsor to provide all other necessary information within five business days of receiving a request for such information.
- (iii) such individual or team Representative is contacted and refuses the Prize; or
- (iv) the Submission of the Winner, the Winner, or any member of a Winner’s team is disqualified for any reason.
- D. In the event of a disqualification, Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may award the applicable Prize to an alternate Contestant. The disqualification of one (or more) team members at any time for any reason may result in the disqualification of the entire team and of each participating member at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE
- A. By registering, each Contestant (including, in the case of a team, all participating members) agree(s):
- (i) to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules; and
- (ii) that the application of the judging criteria, evaluation of the Submissions, and final selection of the winners is a matter of discretion of the Contest Judges and Sponsor, and that their respective decisions are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest.
- B. By registering, each Contestant (including, in the case of a team, all participating members) agree(s) to release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Sponsor, Participating Organizations, and any other individuals or organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising, or promoting the Contest, including their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, if any, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (hereafter the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of Submission preparation) arising out of or relating to a Contestant’s entry, creation of Submission or entry of a Submission, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of the Prize, and the disclosure, broadcast, transmission, performance, exploitation, or use of Submission as authorized or licensed by these Official Rules. Released claims include all claims whatsoever including, but not limited to (except in cases of willful misconduct): injury, death, damage, or loss of property, revenue, or profits, whether direct, indirect, or consequential, arising from the Contestant’s participation in a competition, whether the claim of injury, death, damage, or loss arises through negligence, mistake or otherwise. This release does not apply to claims against the Sponsor arising out of the unauthorized use or disclosure by the Sponsor of intellectual property, trade secrets, or confidential business information of the Contestant.
- C. Without limiting the foregoing, each Contestant (including, in the case of a team, all participating members) agrees to release all Released Parties of all liability in connection with:
- (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the Sponsor’s or a Contestant’s electronic or printing error or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest;
- (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, internet connectivity, or electronic transmission errors, or network hardware or software or failure of the Contest Website, or any other platform or tool that Contestants or Contest Judges choose to use.
- (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest.
- (iv) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Submissions; or
- (v) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the Contestant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason any Contestant’s Submission is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Contestant’s sole remedy is to request the opportunity to resubmit its Submission. The request will be addressed at the sole discretion of the Sponsor if the Contest Submission Period is still open.
- D. Based on the subject matter of the Contest, the type of work that it possibly will require, and the low probability that any claims for death, bodily injury, or property damage, or loss could result from Contest participation, the Sponsor determines that Contestants are not required to obtain liability insurance or demonstrate fiscal responsibility in order to participate in this Contest.
Participation in the Contest constitutes consent to the use by the Sponsor and Participating Organizations, their agents’, and any other third parties acting on their behalf, of the Contestant’s name (and, as applicable, those of all other members of the team that participated in the Submission) for promotional purposes by Sponsor or Participating Organizations. In addition, Sponsor and Participating Organizations reserve the right to make any disclosure required by law.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS
- A. Each Contestant agrees that the Sponsor is vested with the sole authority to interpret and apply these rules.
- B. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend, or modify the Contest, or any part of it, with or without notice to the contestants, if any fraud, technical failure, or any other unanticipated factor or factors beyond Sponsor’s control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest or for any other reason. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual or Contestant that the Sponsor finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a manner that is inappropriate, not in the best interests of this Contest, or in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- C. Any attempt by any person to undermine the proper functioning of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to take proper legal action, including, without limiting, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unlawful activities.
- D. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term. The Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, late, misdirected, damaged, lost, illegible, or incomprehensible Submissions or for address or email address changes of the Contestants. Proof of sending or submitting is not proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- E. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials, including but not limited to the Contest Website or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Official Rules shall prevail.
- F. The Sponsor reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the Official Rules at any time, including the rights or obligations of the Contestant and the Sponsor. The Sponsor will post the terms and conditions of the amended Official Rules on the Contest Website (“Corrective Notice”). As permitted by law, any amendment will become effective at the time the Sponsor posts the amended Official Rules.
- G. Excluding Submissions, all intellectual property related to this Contest, including but not limited to trademarks, tradenames, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans, and representations are owned or used under license by either the Sponsor or Participating Organizations. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of the relevant owner(s) is strictly prohibited.
- H. Should any provision of these Official Rules be or become illegal or unenforceable under applicable Federal law, such illegality or unenforceability shall leave the remainder of these Official Rules unaffected and valid. The illegal or unenforceable provision may be replaced by the Sponsor with a valid and enforceable provision that, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, comes closest and best reflects the Sponsor’s intention in a legal and enforceable manner with respect to the invalid or unenforceable provision.
Subject to the release provisions in these Official Rules, Contestant agrees that:
- A. any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, any Prizes awarded, the administration of the Contest, the determination of Winners, or the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules shall be resolved individually.
- B. any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, any Prizes awarded, the administration of the Contest, the determination of Winners, or the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules shall be resolved pursuant to Federal law.
- C. under no circumstances will Contestants be entitled to, and Contestants hereby waive, all rights to claim, any punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- CONTACT US
Please email email@example.com with any questions regarding the rules, survey or details.