xCAST is tailored specifically for the production of precision investment casting patterns on the NXE400 3D printer.
xCAST is a much more economical and scalable alternative to all other direct and indirect metal 3D printing solutions on the market today and comes with Nexa3D’s validated workflow including:
- Cleaner burnout for a variety of metals, including titanium and aluminum alloys.
- Faster pattern printing and draining for a variety of sizes as well as complex and lightweighted patterns
- 20X productivity gain over traditional and additive alternatives leveraging in-foundry or near-foundry toolless production of precision patterns same day, not in weeks or months
xCAST delivers precision patterns for rapid prototyping and series production that seamlessly integrate into any production foundry’s dip-shell or flask-type investment casting process delivering toolless semi-hollow plastic patterns in lieu of wax patterns. xCAST patterns are processed similarly to wax without autoclave and are flash fired from the ceramic mold. Featuring low ash content, xCAST can be used to create high resolution parts with excellent surface finish.
xCAST is an ideal production of lightweighted structures and complex shape including generatively designed parts and assemblies .
- ideal for in foundry series production of small, large and complex metal parts
- offers a toolless, faster, and a more accurate alternative to traditional pattern production
- oil and gas
- heavy industry application
|Tensile Modulus||ASTM D638||1620 MPa|
|Ultimate Tensile Strength||ASTM D638||9.5 MPa|
|Tensile Elongation at Break||ASTM D638||8.5%|
|Flex Modulus||ASTM D790||255 MPa|
|Flex Strength||ASTM D790||13 MPa|
|Hardness (shore D)||ASTM D2240||59|
|HDT @0.45 MPa||ASTM D648||32°C|
|Water Absorption||ASTM D570||1.65%|